[Interest] Poor mirror performance for the online Qt SDK

Vadim Peretokin vperetokin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 01:54:32 CET 2013

You aren't the only one. I get the same Chinese mirror in Australia and it
is terrible. It taught me that wget has a default retry limit of 20 times!

The online installer and the browser download are not useable in Australia,
even on a fibre connection. Download the offline installer and either use
wget with infinite retries (it'll keep picking up where it left from,
thankfully), or click on the "info" link on the Qt website to download from
a different mirror, or use aria2c <http://aria2.sourceforge.net/> which can
download from many mirrors at once and will download it in a reasonable
time.

I've already written to the Contact form on the Qt project on the website
about this, but I have not had any reply yet.