[Interest] Having an issue with a font

Rogers Nate nate.rogers at raymondcorp.com
Fri Dec 20 21:22:09 CET 2013

I am having an issue where sometimes certain letters of one of the fonts I am using are getting corrupted.  It is not always the same letter, each time I do a build it changes, one time it may be a W then next time it's a c or an h, sometimes it is none.  Anyway the font itself looks fine to me but I attached it for your review.  I also took a picture of the screen so you could see what is happening.  Notice the lowercase c and the lowercase h, it is especially noticeable on the c.  I am not sure what to do so any advice would be helpful.  Thanks!

BTW I am using Qt5.1.1, eglfs platform, embedded Linux, on a am335x starter kit which has a 480x272 pixel 4.3in display.

Here is an example of the code that is generating the buttons/text in the image...

import QtQuick 2.1

Item
{
    id: button

    // Expose properties to parent
    property alias text: label.text
    property alias value: value.text

    // Define fonts
    FontLoader { id: universLTStd47LightCnFont; source: "fonts/UniversLTStd47LightCn.otf" }

    Rectangle
    {
        // Setup the background properties
        id: background
        x: 0
        y: 0
        width: 380
        height: 46
        smooth: true
        focus: true
        anchors.fill: parent
        color: "#4f4f4f"

        Item
        {
            id: normalMenuButton
            anchors.fill: parent

            Text
            {
                id: label
                anchors.left: parent.left
                anchors.leftMargin: 10
                anchors.verticalCenter: parent.verticalCenter
                anchors.verticalCenterOffset: 4
                font.family: universLTStd47LightCnFont.name
                color: "#f4f4f4"
                text: "Menu Item"
                font.pixelSize: 24
                smooth: true
            }

            Text
            {
                id: value
                anchors.right: parent.right
                anchors.rightMargin: 10
                anchors.verticalCenter: parent.verticalCenter
                anchors.verticalCenterOffset: 4
                font.family: universLTStd47LightCnFont.name
                color: "#ada37e"
                text: ">"
                font.pixelSize: 22
                smooth: true
            }
        }
    }
}

Confidentiality Notice:

The preceding e-mail message (including any attachments) contains information that may be confidential, protected by applicable legal privileges, or constitute non-public information. It is intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message by unintended recipients is
not authorized and may be unlawful.