[Interest] How can I change a designer for base class?

Alejandro Exojo suy at badopi.org
Sun Dec 22 00:38:16 CET 2013

El Friday 20 December 2013, Robert Steckroth escribió:
> I have created a UI form which will inherit into a pre-built widget. When I
> add a new designer form with the Qt wizard, it creates the form with a base
> class of QDialog. How can I change the form base class to a QWidget? The
> xml file cannot be changed in the editor, so I assume it is not wise to do
> so.

You are not supposed to change it manually, but in this case, seems simple
enough to try it. Sometimes Qt Designer didn't work well with paths (e.g. I
wanted to set absolute paths for assets), and I had to manually edit things.
As long as you keep a copy of the file just in case, is pretty convenient to
edit things manually instead of clicking on the UI.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2