[Interest] Sending a SMS with Qt5?

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 13:49:48 CET 2013

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Thiago Macieira
<thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> On sexta-feira, 1 de fevereiro de 2013 09.16.29, Mark wrote:
>> Windows 7 and linux (debian).
>
> What SMS-sending middleware do you have running on those systems? You don't
> expect Qt to do magic, do you? It needs to integrate with something that know
> how to send an SMS.
>
> I was expecting your answer to be "Android", "Blackberry", "MeeGo", "Sailfish
> OS" or "Tizen".

I think i made a little mistake here. My intention was for sending an
SMS over some predefined service api's. Just like you can have a Qt
side API to interact with flickr, twitter, ... So i was wondering if
Qt had any of those service providers pre-implemented. But then again,
those are usually third party, not Qt core or any of it's modules.
Sorry for that little confusion.

>> Thanks for the QtPim notice, didn't know about that one. Do you know
>> if there is any api doc online for that module? I'm kinda interested
>> in it's classes.
>
> download it and type:
>         make docs

That easy :) Nice.