[Interest] Loading Qt5 libraries during boot

Lucas.Betschart at crypto.ch Lucas.Betschart at crypto.ch
Fri Feb 1 15:41:28 CET 2013

      Hi,

      we are looking for a way to load the Qt5 libs, that are required for a Qt5 application, during boot-time.
      Reason is:
      We are using an iMX6-quad with a Freescale BSP. Every startup of our application seems to get slowed down by the required loading of the Qt5 libs (approx. 2 sec).
      We are wondering, if we could preload those libs somehow, before we are actually starting our application.

      Any ideas are appreciated!

Hi
If you are using shared libraries can't you just start a dummy application first which includs all the Qt libs?
Since both use the same libs you would not need to load them into your memory again.
Just start the dummy app very early.