[Interest] Loading Qt5 libraries during boot
thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Feb 1 16:30:27 CET 2013
On sexta-feira, 1 de fevereiro de 2013 15.02.49, Markus Grau wrote:
> we are looking for a way to load the Qt5 libs, that are required for a Qt5
> application, during boot-time.
> Reason is:
> We are using an iMX6-quad with a Freescale BSP. Every startup of our
> application seems to get slowed down by the required loading of the Qt5
> libs (approx. 2 sec).
> We are wondering, if we could preload those libs somehow, before we are
> actually starting our application.
> Any ideas are appreciated!
Looks like you need a two plans of action:
1) figure out why it is taking 2 seconds loading: profile the loading and
propose patches to Qt.
2) implement the kdeinit / booster trick. I'm not sure there's a good
reference online, but here's a very, very summarised summary:
- all applications become plugins instead
- there is only one central application
- the central application links to Qt but does not *use* anything
(no QCoreApplicaiton, no QApplication, no QFile, no QObject, no QString)
- the central application starts and listens for requests
- each requests tells it what to plugin to start, by:
c) call a main()-like function
Thiago Macieira - thiago.macieira (AT) intel.com
Software Architect - Intel Open Source Technology Center
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 190 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the Interest