[Interest] How to find QWebElement at clickposition?

Wilhelm wilhelm.meier at fh-kl.de
Thu Feb 7 07:02:28 CET 2013

Hi all,

I try to find the QWebElement at the clickposition in a QWebView
(Qt-5.0) witch the follwing code snippet:

void WebView::mousePressEvent(QMouseEvent *e)
{
     QWebFrame* frame = page()->frameAt(e->pos());
     QWebHitTestResult hit = frame->hitTestContent(e->pos());

     qDebug() << Q_FUNC_INFO << e->pos()
              << hit.element().toOuterXml()
                 ;

     QWebView::mousePressEvent(e);
}

WebView is a direct subclass of QWebView.

The result is not what I expected; maybe my expection is wrong :-)

- if I click right beside the element (e.g. <p>), I get the "correct"
element

- if I click on the element, I get an empty QWebElement

- if I click left beside the element, I get the whole webpage.

What am I doing wrong?

--
Wilhelm