[Interest] MySQL 64bit + Qt5: Irrational access violation exception

Soroush R soroush.rabiei at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 09:33:47 CET 2013

Hi list

I have a strange problem with my Qt installation. First of all, see the
system:

Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 - 64 bit
Compiler: MinGW x64 - rev 7 from mingw-builds project:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingwbuilds
Qt: Qt 5.0.0 64 bit- personal compile available at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/eboqt/
MySQL 5.6.10 - x64

When trying to connect a MySQL database I'm getting c0000005 access
violation error with these details:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: TEST.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 51010cdd
*Fault Module Name: Qt5Sql.dll*
Fault Module Version: 5.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 50f6b734
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000000df950
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: db69
Additional Information 2: db697f824a06df6631cf05ed1f197e16
Additional Information 3: 1d76
Additional Information 4: 1d7605bf295c1c2cfcbfc6bfcec7c569

The interesting part is that there is no problem with 32 bit versions of
same build. I tried many methods to get rid of this exception. First I
thought it's a binary incompatibility issue. So exported symbols of
libmysql to a .a archive:

gendef libmysql.dll
dlltool --input-def libmysql.def --dllname libmysql.dll --output-lib
libmysql.a

Then tried same compile with no optimization. Changed '-O3 -mtune=core2' to
'-mtune=native'. Still same

Any idea?

Thanks.