[Interest] QSqlTableModel and transactions

Petric Frank pfrank at gmx.de
Fri Jan 4 07:33:47 CET 2013

Hello,

i ran into an issue using transactions together with QSqlTableModel.

Whenever i do a "QSqlDatabase::rollback ()" the QSqlTableModel internal buffer
is not updated to reflect this. So it still shows the data before the rollback.

Is there a signal or other method to detect a rollback ?
This allows me to re-load the tables and views.

NB.: If i do a revert or select call on QSqlDatabase having un-submitted data
after the rollback i get a 'Vector index out of range' trap from inside the
qt-lib. This might be a coding error of me. But if anyone has a similar
experience and could give me a helping hand ...
I am actually on the way of tracking down this issue.

I currently use Qt 4.8.4 and gcc 4.5.4 on Linux (x86_64).
The database server is MariaDB 5.5.23

Are there any hints ?

regards
  Petric