[Interest] Linux OpenGL bug? Driver problem?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Jan 8 00:00:17 CET 2013

On segunda-feira, 7 de janeiro de 2013 23.40.20, Guido Seifert wrote:
> I suppose it has something to do with my opengl/nvidia drivers. I don't use
> the nvidia blob, but the open source nouveau driver and mesa. Most likely
> this combination is not working well. Question is, what to do? File a bug
> report? I am not sure this is really a Qt bug. But maybe Qt should detect
> incompatible configurations and give out a warning or refuse to start?
> Everything is better than just freeze the whole system

Freezing the system and crashing are never features. Therefore, we must
conclude that it is a bug somewhere.

If the bug is in the kernel / DRM / nouveau driver, then the bug needs to be
fixed there. Qt should not work around it. That said, there might be *another*
bug in Qt.

If your system freezes, then please file the bug report to nouveau.

By the way, I've heard that the nouveau driver has had some recent bugfixes.
Please make sure you're running Linux 3.7 at least.