[Interest] touch functionality not working with my Qt 5 apps

VStevenP vstevenpavao at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 06:24:47 CET 2013

I am trying to figure out why the touch functionality of my LG display isn't working with my Qt 5 apps.

The touch technology is an N-trig DuoSense which is easily auto-detected and added as a USB input device by Angstrom 2011.03 (kernel 2.6.32) on my BeagleBoard-xM.

(Note that kernel 2.6.31 and greater has mainline support for N-trig, and that Angstrom 2011.03 is configured with CONFIG_HID_NTRIG=y, which allows the touch functionality to work with Angstrom).

However, when I run my Qt 5 apps on the BeagleBoard-xM, touching the display doesn't result in cursor control, and swipe gestures do nothing.  The mouse works fine, however.

Shouldn't the touch functionality work automatically in this situation?  Note that the the touch functionality provided by the N-trig DuoSense can actually successfully control the mouse on my MacBook Pro if I simply plug it into it via USB.  I can make selections in apps, etc.

I'm hoping there's something obvious I'm missing, because this combination of technologies should work, from what I understand.