[Interest] [SOLVED, BUG?] Xcode Script not working with Qt5

Sensei senseiwa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 07:57:54 CET 2013

On 1/15/13 2:27pm, Sensei wrote:
> A sad update on the matter: qmake with Xcode mkspec seems to discard
> UIs.

I don't know if this classifies as a bug, but at least is seems
incoherent.

Adding manually "QT += widgets" to the generated .pro project file
corrects the problem.

The question is then, why isn't it added by default when qmake
encounters a UI file? The designer manual for Qt5 (*) clearly states

> "Qt Designer is the Qt tool for designing and building graphical user
> interfaces (GUIs) with Qt Widgets."

The meaning of this is, at least, a UI file cannot be processes without
including QtWidgets, and therefore qmake should take care of that. In
fact, if a UI is present, and "widgets" isn't in the pro file, the
compilation miserably fails.

So, what can I do? Is it a sort of bug or inconsistency? Should I report it?

Thanks!

(*) http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtdesigner/qtdesigner-manual.html