[Interest] Bringing Qt, C++ To The Web

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 15:39:24 CET 2013

Well I've been posting about QML as a web technology for over a year now. Maybe 2. And I'm on the Wt list for about a year ;-)

I can understand why they want that - it would work in existing browsers. I would have preferred QML as well, however this would require a plug-in for what is a small formatting change.  They could come out with QML2 er, QMLWeb2 or whatever if the QML approach takes off. One works in a current browser, the other one need a plugin or upgrade. If we can "compile" QML to the pure JS format, that is ok too. We could have the web servers do that automatically and cache the results.