[Interest] Bringing Qt, C++ To The Web

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Fri Jan 18 15:23:33 CET 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Jason H <scorp1us at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Bringing this discussion back to Qt, there is something that elegantly
> does this already. QML. Drop the idea that it
> is for GPUs and graphics and instead use it to serialize to HTML/JS/CSS
> (or my JML) and you have your new, 1-technology web, that incidentally can
> do local apps as well. Is your mind blown yet?

I know Emweb (the company behind Wt) have already done experiments in that
direction because Koen and Wim told me last year at FOSDEM. They have also
mentioned that in the Wt mailing list. The only difference is they are
using something which looks almost like QML but it's pure JavaScript. I
would have preferred they'd use QML as-is.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org