[Interest] Qt Installer Framework

Jenssen Tim Tim.Jenssen at digia.com
Mon Jan 28 15:23:31 CET 2013

There is something happening ... it saves the value on the installer (object) and later if you are creating an real shortcut you can use that saved variable.

Component.prototype.createOperations = function()
{
    // call the base createOperations
    component.createOperations();
    if ( installer.value("os") == "win" )
    {
        component.addOperation( "CreateShortcut",
                                "@TargetDir@\\QtCreator\\bin\\qtcreator.exe",
                                "@StartMenuDir@/Qt Creator.lnk", // here we are using the saved installer.value("StartMenuDir")
                                "workingDirectory=@homeDir@" );
    }
}

PS: Please create bugtracker tasks for unclear/missing documentation in the ifw like other problems. - a general "missing documentation for ifw" doesn't worked in the past ;)