[Interest] can qt.conf be put in a common location?

VStevenP vstevenpavao at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 06:43:50 CET 2013

Hi Link,

You gave me advice on this earlier, and I wasn't able to take your advice at that time, because I needed a functional Qt5 SDK for cross-compiling for arm.

However, I think I've found an acceptable workaround now, and I won't need to use qt.conf anymore.

I will do the Qt 5 build twice:

1) Once like you suggested in the email I'm forwarding below.  That one will be copied onto my arm system under /usr and I won't need to use qt.conf on that system.

2) Another time where Qt5 is installed into its prefix dir, and that will give me a working SDK for cross compiling my Qt5 apps for arm.

Do you think I understand this correctly, or am I missing something?

- Steve