[Interest] can qt.conf be put in a common location?

Lincoln Ramsay a1291762 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 07:05:44 CET 2013

On 29/01/13 15:43, VStevenP wrote:
> You gave me advice on this earlier, and I wasn't able to take your advice at that time, because I needed a functional Qt5 SDK for cross-compiling for arm.
>
> However, I think I've found an acceptable workaround now, and I won't need to use qt.conf anymore.
>
> I will do the Qt 5 build twice:
>
> 1) Once like you suggested in the email I'm forwarding below.  That one will be copied onto my arm system under /usr and I won't need to use qt.conf on that system.
>
> 2) Another time where Qt5 is installed into its prefix dir, and that will give me a working SDK for cross compiling my Qt5 apps for arm.
>

> Do you think I understand this correctly, or am I missing something?

Ahh... the old "Qt doesn't know about SDK vs deployment location" problem...

You can build 2 Qt's and install one and deploy the other so that their
paths are correct as passed to configure. That's perfectly acceptable.

If you want to cheat, you can use the SDK location when building and
change the paths in QtCore.so to the runtime location since they're only
actually used at runtime.

--
Link