[Interest] Hiding a shared lib? Linux of course.

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at digia.com
Thu Jul 4 14:56:46 CEST 2013

On 04/07/2013 13:44, Diego Iastrubni wrote:

> I was thinking something similar a few days ago. This is out of scope
> for Qt5... but Qt6.. how about using namespaces to distinguish the Qt
> releases?

There's already the configure option -qtnamespace to put all of Qt into
a custom namespace. Packagers could use this even today.
Using this feature for Linux distros is probably not feasible, because
most projects are not prepared [1] for being compiled against a
namespaced Qt.

Joerg

1: It's easy to refit a project for qtnamespace. For example, one must
wrap forward declared Qt classes between QT_BEGIN_NAMESPACE /
QT_END_NAMESPACE.

--
Joerg Bornemann
Digia, Qt