[Interest] Modifying the font metrics ("leading" and "tracking") everywhere

Atlant Schmidt aschmidt at dekaresearch.com
Mon Jul 15 18:32:25 CEST 2013

Folks:

  We've got a classic-QT (C++) application that runs under Qt 4.8.4
  using QWS.

  One of the fonts we use appears to have excessive interline
  spacing (leading) and (perhaps) excessive inter-character
  spacing (its "tracking" could be tighter).

  We'd like to affect these parameters every place that the font
  is used (e.g., QPushbuttons, QTextBlocks, QLabels, etc.) but I'm
  not sure where to begin. QFontMetrics has plenty of methods for
  accessing the associated metrics but I don't see how to modify
  (tune) the metrics.

  I'd appreciate your help and especially an example!

                                   Atlant

P.S.: Google isn't especially helpful here because so many of
         the keywords involved (leading, tracking, spacing, and the
         like) are homonyms with more-common meanings.

This e-mail and the information, including any attachments, it contains are intended to be a confidential communication only to the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender and destroy the original message.

Thank you.