[Interest] QML Video Element Error Query

Akshay Ratan akshayratan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 21:38:45 CEST 2013

Hello,

Currently I am working with *KDE* *Community *on my *Google Summer of Code
2013* project on *Improvements and Enhancements of Plasma Media Center
Application*.

I was working on a task of subtitle enhancement in the Plasma Video Player,
where I was using *QML's Video Element Property:: metaData.videoFrameRate*(
http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qt-mobility/qml-video.html#metaData.videoFrameRate-prop)
in my concerned qml code. Since this property was not returning anything
desired ( though there was nothing wrong in bindings also) , after the
discussions with my mentors , I decided to make a small qml Video Player to
make sure that QML Video Element Properties work fine.

So, I made a small qml video player , and wished to ascertain
videoFrameRate property of QML VideoElement . This is the concerned patch::
*http://pastebin.kde.org/p99b18cd5/ *   Video plays fine(it starts on
clicking the player) , but unfortunately *videoFrameRate property shows the
output as "undefined" repeatedly . *For the matter of fact other properties
of video element also shows console output as undefined.

Following is the error output for reference :: *
http://pastebin.kde.org/p282f0967/*

It would be great if anybody could suggest something regarding this problem
of QML Video Element in my code . Please suggest me a way as to how can I
successfully get the frame Rate value from Video Element of QML.

Best Regards,
*Akshay Ratan*
*
*