[Interest] Desktop deployment

Mandeep Sandhu mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 08:14:16 CEST 2013

Hi,

We too use a custom build step for packaging all the
binaries/libraries/resources for deployment, though this step is done
outside of qmake from a top-level Makefile.

We are almost building a mini Linux distribution for our embedded product,
so the final packaging step involves copying all built stuff from different
sub-projects (many of which have their own build-systems) into a common
area which is used as-is for deployment.

We have a 'install' dir for almost all our projects (main app, Qt libs,
external libraries etc). The final packaging step involves cherry picking
the correct files from this "install" dir and copying it over in a
"release" dir (we also modify some files like qt.conf in this step to
reflect the directory structure in use in the release dir).

HTH,
-mandeep