[Interest] using QMediaRecorder

Niels Mayer nielsmayer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 16:40:33 CET 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 8:12 AM, Ing. Rayner Pupo Gómez <rpgomez at uci.cu>wrote:

> Dear All, I'm trying to use a QMediaRecorder to encode a local video but I
> can't get it work. I wonder if it's possible to do that, so far I create
> QMediaPlayer and set the video, then I create the QMediaRecorder with the
> player as media object, set the player play and the recorder record but
> nothing recods, also I connect error, stateChanged and durationChanged
> signals
> from recorder to my own slots but never they are called, BTW when I set the
> recorder output location (m_recorder-
> >setOutputLocation(QUrl::fromLocalFile("/home/myUser"))); ) it allways
> fails.
> Thanks for attention.

This is perhaps similar to the problems I had getting
QMediaRecorderworking on the BlackBerry10 for audio recording?

At application initiatlization, I noticed errors like:

> default   9000  defaultServiceProvider::requestService(): no service found
> for - "com.nokia.qt.audiosource"

Without this service setup, various operations using the recorder will
fail.

Equivalent code can be found at http://www.qt.gitorious
.org/qt-mobility/qt-mobility/blobs/master/examples/audiorecorder/
audiorecorder.cpp and this fails in the same way, in the call

    audiosource = new QAudioCaptureSource(this);

Internally, Q_MEDIASERVICE_AUDIOSOURCE is set to "com.nokia.qt.audiosource"
and
Q_MEDIASERVICE_CAMERA is set to "com.nokia.qt.camera" in http://www.qt.
gitorious
.org/qt-mobility/qt-mobility/blobs/f7071081b7a83e42033df57d17593c3fd3e70608/
src/multimedia/qmediaserviceprovider.h

So the question is do you have an implemented and working com.nokia.qt.
audiosource and com.nokia.qt.camera , or does your implementation of
QMediaServiceProvider provide a working alternative audiosource and camera?

-- Niels
http://www.nielsmayer.com

PS: Any suggestions on getting QMediaRecorder working on the BlackBerry10
platform? Is anyone working on a com.rim.audiosource implementation
anywhere? (Wish BlackBerry put more effort into getting standard QtMobility,
QtMultiMedia, QtLocation capabilities completely working on their platform.
).