[Interest] Qt builds

Rutledge Shawn Shawn.Rutledge at digia.com
Wed Mar 20 11:33:08 CET 2013

On 20 Mar 2013, at 11:21 AM, Alexpux wrote:
> I don't know how it need memory) I have computer with Win7 64-bit, 4Gb RAM, Processor Intel Core i5 3,3GHz. To complete one build with all prerequisites I need about 8-10 hours. I don't use any specific compiler options to reduce memory usage.

Are you using jom, or GNU make with -j to make it build in parallel?  With jom, the MS compiler and a fast i7 the qt build is not quite that bad, an hour or so I suppose, although I haven't timed it.

Somebody needs to port icecream to both MacOS and Windows.  Linux builds can complete in a fraction of an hour if you've got a few fast machines on the network helping out.  Maybe it could ship with msys eventually.