[Interest] Qt builds

Alexpux alexpux at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 11:21:56 CET 2013

20.03.2013, в 14:04, "K. Frank" <kfrank29.c at gmail.com> написал(а):

> Could you tell me which specific version of gcc you used and which
> builds of mingw-w64?  There are potentially some abi issues.  For
> example, I think the choice of dw2 vs. sjlj exception handling can
> introduce abi breakage, and I think activating std=c++11 does as
> well.
I use our mingw-w64 builds from MinGW-builds project:
1. https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingwbuilds
2. https://github.com/niXman/mingw-builds
For my builds I use gcc-4.7.2 with threads=posix and exceptions=sjlj for both 32 and 64 bit builds. Latest MinGW-w64 builds:
1. x32-4.7.2-release-posix-sjlj-rev11.7z
2. x64-4.7.2-release-posix-sjlj-rev11.7z

> Also, are these builds debug or release or both?

This builds contains both debug and release versions.

> As a side question, do happen to know how much memory you needed
> to complete the build?  (For me the bottleneck has been linking a couple
> of the  biggest Qt dll's.)  And did you use any specific compiler options
> to reduce memory usage?

I don't know how it need memory) I have computer with Win7 64-bit, 4Gb RAM, Processor Intel Core i5 3,3GHz. To complete one build with all prerequisites I need about 8-10 hours. I don't use any specific compiler options to reduce memory usage.

This Qt builds are based on my Qt-builds project [https://github.com/Alexpux/Qt-builds]. This project is a set of scripts to build Qt and all it prerequisites with one click under MSYS))

Best Regards,
Alexey.