[Interest] Upgrade to Qt 5 -- pros and cons?

K. Frank kfrank29.c at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 23:58:50 CET 2013

Hello All!

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 4:41 PM, K. Frank <kfrank29.c at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello List!
>
> What would be the pros and cons of upgrading from Qt 4 to Qt 5?  In
> particular, are there any good reasons not to do so?

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.  I think I will move to Qt 5
when I upgrade.

But it's interesting that nobody really put forth any functional benefits
of Qt 5 in the widget / desktop space.

(The one exception was the statement that qwt 6.1 has a number of
new features and qwt 6.1 requires Qt 5.  But that's qwt-specific and
was on another thread.)

Any takers?  What goodies do I get if I upgrade to Qt 5?

Thanks.

K. Frank