[Interest] Qwt and upgrading to Qt 5

K. Frank kfrank29.c at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 00:11:48 CET 2013

Hello Sergey!

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Sergey Popov <popov_sergey at ukr.net> wrote:
> Hello Frank!
>
> My ex-colleagues asked me to help port qt4.7/qwt5 based app to qt5/qwt6.1 and I faced some problems. Some of them not fully solved yet.
> Some issues were connected with deprecated methods in qt 5 (like QString::toAscii) that I've used in my app, some issues were about missing (renamed?) slots in qwt objects. Also I found that copy constructor of QwtPlotCurve was removed for reasons unknown for me (but I believe there was strong reasons for removing it), and that required to create default curve and copy styles from existing curve to achieve effect I wanted.
> All of these issues seems not to be really hard to resolve, but it's better to be ready to spend some time for successful migration to new version of these beautiful libraries.

I've already upgraded to qwt 6.0 (but not Qt 5).  Would you happen to
know if these issues you mention were specific to qwt 6.1, or do you
think they would apply to qwt 6.0, as well?

I don't believe I use QString::toAscii, so that particular Qt 5 issue
probably won't matter to me.  I do use QwtPlotCurve, although, off
hand, I don't recall whether I use its copy constructor.

> Good luck!
>
> with best regards,
> Sergey P.

Thanks for the heads-up on the issues you've encountered.

K. Frank