[Interest] SSL compilation error building on Mac

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed May 8 22:08:30 CEST 2013

On quarta-feira, 8 de maio de 2013 15.47.14, Gil Moses wrote:
> Hi Thiago,
>
> 1. How can I find out the openssl version? AFAIK the compilation error
> happens in the aforementioned files within the downloaded package (sk_push
> does not appear anywhere else on my Mac, and there is no mentioning
> anywhere of a different sk_push function signature.).

Locate the opensslv.h file that you're using and get the version number from
there. It's down about 25 lines from the top.

> 2. How do I report a bug and what would be the report?

http://bugreports.qt-project.org

The bug report should be "Qt <version number here> fails to compile on Mac OS
X with OpenSSL <version number here>", then paste your compiler errors in the
description.

Hint: use the {noformat} tag in the description

> 3. Is there any workaround, for being able to build the package? Or am I the
> first one to attempt it? I'm puzzled...

Upgrade OpenSSL or turn off SSL support.