[Interest] SSL compilation error building on Mac

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu May 9 16:55:35 CEST 2013

On quinta-feira, 9 de maio de 2013 08.29.23, Gil Moses wrote:
> Unfortunately the bare command line does not compile, it looks as if there
> is some missing  environment which the gcc does not create. E.g the cpp
> file is "ssl/qsslsocket_openssl_symbols.cpp", same with pch, o file etc.
>
> How can I 'create' the compile environment for that one file compilation?

You have to go to the right directory. Pay attention to what make is telling
you:

g++ -c -include .pch/debug-shared/Qt5Network [other args]
ssl/qsslsocket_openssl_symbols.cpp
ssl/qsslsocket_openssl_symbols.cpp:1:1: error: ‘hello’ does not name a type
make[1]: *** [.obj/debug-shared/qsslsocket_openssl_symbols.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/thiago/obj/qt/qt5/qtbase/src/network'
make: *** [sub-network] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/home/thiago/obj/qt/qt5/qtbase/src'

Look at the first "Leaving directory" after the error. That's where you have to
be in order to run that command-line.