[Interest] Qt Sensors, can it support CPU, GPU and HDD sensors as well?

Andre Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Tue May 14 18:33:12 CEST 2013

Op 14-5-2013 18:24, Mark schreef:
> On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Thiago Macieira
> <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
>> On terça-feira, 14 de maio de 2013 10.54.46, Mark wrote:
>>> Can the Qt Sensor package add support for that?
>> I think so.
> But how since the base class is obviously a little too focused on
> other types of sensors.. Or would there simply be a second base class
> for "heat" based sensors? So i guess the base would be QHeatSensor.
> Then for the actual sensors it would look somewhat like:
> QCpuSensor : public QHeatSensor
> QGpuSensor : public QHeatSensor
>
> But then you still have other sensors. Last one that comes to mind is
> fan speed. A CPU also has a fan speed sensor so how would that work?
> Another base for speed control "QFanSpeed" which is then also
> inherited by the QCpuSensor? It would look like this:
> QCpuSensor : public QHeatSensor, public QFanSpeed
That API seems unlikely to me. It seems far more likely that we'd see a
QHeatSensor and some API to first enumerate the available heat sensors,
and then get them. Or, perhaps, we'd see an even more generic sensor
like QSimpleScalarSensor that could contain anything from a heat, a fan
speed to a voltage. You'd still need API to enumerate and get them, of
course. However, I'm not working on this, so don't rely on my answer :-)

André