[Interest] Unique - Hardware bound - ID

Alex Malyushytskyy alexmalvtk at gmail.com
Thu May 16 01:14:40 CEST 2013

Some discouragement (from personal experience):
 - often systems have more then 1 network card and do not guarantee that
they will return the same MAC addresses even after simple reboot (Windows
XP as an example) not even counting different configurations.
 - I am not sure what Qt uses to receive MAC address , but assuming it uses
native API,  the same MAC address will be returned for any system which
does not have a network card installed (or have it disabled in current
configuration)

Mentioned above should encourage do not rely solely on MAC address for
computer identification.

Regards, Alex