[Interest] Did the bound value handling changed in 5.x? If yes, why?

Guido Seifert wargand at gmx.de
Fri May 24 11:40:14 CEST 2013

> That still means there's a bug. Either his first code shouldn't compile,
> or it should work. That it compiles and runs but fails seems like the
> worst possible.

Yes and no. There is probably much more potential C++ code, which compiles,
runs, but fails than there is correct code. Would be great if this wasn't
the case. ;-)

Nevertheless, I opened a bug report. Maybe the change was unintentional.
I think my version could be a nice shorthand for the correct version.

And if it was intentional maybe a boolean return value
could be added to bindValue, which indicates correct value binding.

Making it not compiling might be a bit difficult, since from a C++ point
of view it is syntactically correct code.

Guido

--
Guido Seifert <wargand at gmx.de>