[Interest] Did the bound value handling changed in 5.x? If yes, why?

Constantin Makshin cmakshin at gmail.com
Fri May 24 19:00:25 CEST 2013

Your shorter (4.8) variant used fake query preparation in an undocumented
way. "Fake" means Qt emulated executing a prepared query by replacing
placeholders with appropriately formatted data and then sending the result
to the RDBMS, avoiding any possible advantage of "real" prepared queries on
databases that support them.

And, to be honest, I don't understand how changing/removing undocumented
stuff that happened to work in some cases can be considered a bug.