[Interest] State of the art of TUIO integration

Andrea Franceschini therealmorpheu5 at gmail.com
Tue May 28 12:35:06 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I'm in the process of evaluating libraries for a project I'm about to
start. My requirement is that I need to use a TUIO device capable of
sending cursors and objects events. I'm looking in different directions,
and the last time I had to start a similar project, I used libCinder for a
number of reasons. Now, I love Qt very much and I'd like to give it a try
after a good four years spent in other lands.

I'm aware of two TUIO-compliant projects: qTUIO (
https://github.com/x29a/qTUIO) and qtuiotouch (
http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/25438). I'm a bit reluctant to
adopt the latter because it seems I'd have to implement the objects myself,
but on the other hand, I don't know how complete and/or up-to-date is the
former.

Does anybody have hints? Do you know of alternatives? These two popped up
while googling.

Best,
--
Andrea Franceschini