[Interest] State of the art of TUIO integration

Casimiro, Daniel C CIV NUWC NWPT daniel.casimiro at navy.mil
Wed May 29 14:15:09 CEST 2013

> I'm in the process of evaluating libraries for a project I'm about to start. My requirement is that I need to use a TUIO device capable of
> sending cursors and objects events. I'm looking in different directions, and the last time I had to start a similar project, I used libCinder
> for a number of reasons. Now, I love Qt very much and I'd like to give it a try after a good four years spent in other lands.
>
> I'm aware of two TUIO-compliant projects: qTUIO (https://github.com/x29a/qTUIO) and qtuiotouch (http://qt-
> project.org/forums/viewthread/25438). I'm a bit reluctant to adopt the latter because it seems I'd have to implement the objects
> myself, but on the other hand, I don't know how complete and/or up-to-date is the former.

Hi,

I wrote qtuiotouch. It is working really well for me. Where do you think it is lacking? Are you talking about TUIO objects? The software converts the TUIO cursor and object events into Qt multi-touch events. The area information is embedded within the Qt events. Do you want it to do something different?

~Dan