[Interest] State of the art of TUIO integration

Andrea Franceschini therealmorpheu5 at gmail.com
Thu May 30 11:31:30 CEST 2013

On 2013/5/29 Casimiro, Daniel C CIV NUWC NWPT <daniel.casimiro at navy.mil>:

> If I remember correctly, there was not a one-to-one mapping between the TUIO specification and Qt types

To the best of my knowledge, I think you're right: of course Qt should
not need to handle fiducials, so it makes sense that it lacks support
for them. I believe there is an easy workaround that is setting the
type for touch points, that could work for differentiating between
them -- plus you can easily differentiate between fingers and proper
blobs. I'm not sure whether you can add more attributes, like the
angle, to a QTouchPoint, unless you subclass maybe? I'm not very much
familiar with Qt's handling of touch-stuff.

I'd love to see your project expanded to include fiducials, I'll clone
it and tinker a bit with it -- although my project needs to be
prototyped rather quickly so it's likely I'll go back to my old ways
of libCinder for now.

Any thoughts/suggestions, I'll be happy to hear them.

--
Andrea Franceschini