[Interest] Quick2 "ShaderEffect: source or provider missing when binding textures"

Ola Røer Thorsen ola at silentwings.no
Thu Nov 7 16:43:08 CET 2013

Hi all,

if I use a ShaderEffect on an image that is loaded asynchronously, I get
the error/debug message on the console:

ShaderEffect: source or provider missing when binding textures

for every frame rendered until the image is completely loaded and the
texture is complete.

This means our system logs on the target system (embedded linux device)
gets flooded whenever we load new images (a photo viewer). Would it be
possible to at least limit the number of times this is written (once
instead of every frame)? Or could the message be removed completely? It's
not useful at all when ShaderEffect is used this way.

Best regards,
Ola