[Interest] Qt, ibus and french keyboard

Bernhard Seßler bernhard.sessler at corscience.de
Fri Nov 22 08:04:44 CET 2013

Hi,

On 21.11.2013 15:33, Clément Geiger wrote:
> Hi,

<snip>

> I also saw that QT_IM_MODULE was set to xim, whereas GTK_IM_MODULE was set
> to ibus. So I tried to launch the app with QT_IM_MODULE=ibus, but that
> didnt change anything.

Is the application you're using based on Qt5? If yes, is the ibus input context
plugin installed properly? On my Ubuntu 13.10 (amd64) box it's located in:
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/platforminputcontexts/libibusplatforminputcontextplugin.so

Other than that, one other thing I can suggest is setting the environment
variable QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS to 1 prior to starting the application. Qt is then way
more verbose about which plugins it is attempting to load (and from where) when
starting the application.

> Does anyone have suggestion about that ?
>
> Thanks a bunch !
>
> Clément

You're welcome.

Regards,