[Interest] QML Web Development

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 26 20:06:15 CET 2013

So as the release of 5.2 approaches, we get Qt in Win/Lin/OSX and iOS and Android, Qt will be fantastic toolkit. A glaring commission now is web development.

I've been playing with node.js and since Qt is now dropping the v8 engine for a custom one, could Qt use the new engine for QML web apps? For those not familiar with nodejs it is a v8-powered javascript engine used for making server-side applications.  If we were to take that same engine and equip it whith HTML/JS widgets, we could use QML to code websites, much in the same way Wt is the web version of Qt. However, we (I) would not want to split this functionality from Qt itself.

Thoughts? Comments?