[Interest] Qt HTTP access to Exchange

Bo Thorsen bthorsen at ics.com
Wed Nov 27 11:18:06 CET 2013

Hi everyone,

I have a Qt 4.8.5 based application that grabs free busy info from an
Exchange server. This works perfectly, or rather it did.

Now there is a user who have tried to access with a domain\user pair,
and that fails in a weird way.

I have single stepped through all of the network code and I just can't
find any place where this fails. It looks like Exchange just closes the
socket without giving me an error.

My URL to the server is something like
"https://mail.somewhere/EWS/Exchange.asmx". I sent this a post request
with an XML body.

I can see that the receiver requests the body data, but then the line is
silently dropped. The finished signal is emitted from the request and
error() says there's no error.

I have tried different things for the username and password. First
attempt is to do the same as I do for usernames without a domain:

     url.setUserName(connector->userName());
     url.setPassword(connector->password());

This doesn't work for usernames with domain info.

I have also tried removing those, expecting a authenticationRequired or
proxyAuthenticationRequired. No such call is coming.

I have also tried url encoding the domain\username but that didn't work
either.

I don't like admitting it, and it's been years since this last happened.
But I'm stuck. Any help is much appreciated.

As I said, this all works perfect when there's no domain name for the
user. So the problem is somewhere in authenticating with the Exchange
server.

Bo.

--
Bo Thorsen, European Engineering Manager, ICS
Integrated Computer Solutions. Delivering World-Class Applications