[Interest] Qt HTTP access to Exchange

Bo Thorsen bthorsen at ics.com
Wed Nov 27 11:40:25 CET 2013

Den 27-11-2013 11:33, Mandeep Sandhu skrev:
>> I have single stepped through all of the network code and I just can't
>> find any place where this fails. It looks like Exchange just closes the
>> socket without giving me an error.
>
> You can confirm this with a packet sniffer to see which end initiated the close.
>

>> My URL to the server is something like
>> "https://mail.somewhere/EWS/Exchange.asmx". I sent this a post request
>> with an XML body.
>
> Just to eliminate the obvious, you're not getting any SSL errors right
> (or being silently ignored)?

No ssl errors or anything else. And I have verified the access in a
normal browser. There is no error, except that Qt can't handle the
domain\user combo.

>> I can see that the receiver requests the body data, but then the line is
>
> How do you see the receiver request the body data? I think the POST
> data is sent along in the request itself. The receiver will be
> expecting the POST data to be present after the HTTP headers.

That's probably true. I just had a breakpoint on the post body request
and saw that it was called.

>> silently dropped. The finished signal is emitted from the request and
>> error() says there's no error.
>>
>> I have tried different things for the username and password. First
>> attempt is to do the same as I do for usernames without a domain:
>>
>>       url.setUserName(connector->userName());
>>       url.setPassword(connector->password());
>>
>> This doesn't work for usernames with domain info.
>>
>> I have also tried removing those, expecting a authenticationRequired or
>> proxyAuthenticationRequired. No such call is coming.
>>
>> I have also tried url encoding the domain\username but that didn't work
>> either.
>
> The domain name might be case-sensitive, so you can verify if the
> correct case is being used.

The credentials are correct. I just don't know how to let Qt have them
in the proper way.

Bo.

--
Bo Thorsen, European Engineering Manager, ICS
Integrated Computer Solutions. Delivering World-Class Applications