[Interest] Fwd: QT Quick Controls - Menu

Ola Røer Thorsen ola at silentwings.no
Fri Oct 11 10:21:09 CEST 2013

> I agree that the documentation is slightly misleading. There is private
> API to position the menu at any position, but for the moment it’s still…
> private. We may make it public in a way or another if we see demand for
> that.
>
>  BTW, what is your exact use case?

There is definitely a need for positioning the menu at a given position.
Just imagine target hardware without mouse (keyboard only).

I am developing for such a device (only cursor keys + return button), and
had to implement my own menu system instead of using Quick Controls Menu.

A second reason not to use Menu in this case the current lack of styling
options. So it would be really great to have popup with a position argument
+ styling :-)