[Interest] QT Quick Controls - Menu

Webyte X webyte at live.com
Fri Oct 11 06:22:19 CEST 2013

My intent was to use it for a standalone menu changing content (standard left hand menu changes right hand content).  I accomplished what I was looking for with custom QML / Javascript.  That said, I do think it's something easy to confuse for people new to the Controls API (which is most users since it's relatively new).  Intuitively if you see a control called "Menu" and see documentation mentioning one of the use cases as standalone, you're liable to attempt to use it as a generic standalone menu.  Also, after going through the code... there's a fair bit of overlap since most people designing a custom standalone menu are going to implement mouse handling, keyboard input, sub menus, styling, etc.  Thanks for the follow up.  Hope this sheds some light on where I was coming from.