[Interest] Run Console and windows screen

K. Frank kfrank29.c at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 16:25:38 CET 2013

Hi Daniel!

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 9:31 AM, Daniel Mota <> wrote:
> Hi Frank, this is the small example suggested by you.
>
> I packed the complete project folder so that you have all files generated.
>
> I sent only to you for not uploading a 5 Mb file to the group, but if you
> think there's no problem, I can do it.

No, I was thinking of something different (and smaller) than 5 Mb.
I didn't look at the file you attached, but I'm assuming at this size
it's the project for your entire optimization app.

I was suggesting that you just try a minimal test where you have
a toy Qt gui app write to cout and include CONFIG += console
in your .pro file.

You should be able to do this with a single .cpp file that's maybe
a dozen lines, and a single .pro file that is only a few lines.  That
should be at most a few kilobytes.

If you can display a gui and write to the console, then you are on
your way to doing the same with your real app; if not, then I would
be happy to try building and running your simple test app on my
system.  If it works for me, but not for you, then we will have a
puzzle, but at least we'll have a starting point for debugging.

> Thanks for your help
> Best regards
>
> Daniel

Cheers!