[Interest] C++11 support on Qt5 platforms

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Oct 28 23:30:52 CET 2013

On segunda-feira, 28 de outubro de 2013 14:44:02, Joshua Grauman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if there are any potential issues with using C++11 (I want
> to use lamba functions for connecting to signals) on all the major Qt5
> platforms --without recompiling the source--. I know the default
> Linux/Mac/WindowsMSVC compilers should be fine, but I'm more wondering
> about Windows via MingGW and the Android and iOS cross compilers. If I'm
> using Qt5.2 on all these platforms, should I pretty much be fine just to
> add CONFIG += c++11 to my .pro file and I'm good to go on all the
> platforms using the standard installers? Thanks!

That depends on your compiler.

Lambdas have been supported since GCC 4.5, Clang 3.1, MSVC 2010.

We are currently shipping GCC 4.8 for MinGW, so it should be fine.

For Android and iOS, you need to check what versions of the compiler are
available in the SDKs and NDKs for those platforms. We don't ship the
compilers. Apple keeps their Clang version quite up-to-date, even if
completely branched off from the Clang mainline. That's not the case for the
Android NDK though.