[Interest] Need help in testing a feature on OSX

Mandeep Sandhu mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 10:53:55 CET 2013

Hi All,

Is there a noble soul out there willing to spend some time in helping
me test out a feature on OSX?! :) The noble soul should have a working
qt source build setup on OSX.

I'm working on small feature for specifying custom DNS server to
QDnsLookup (QTBUG-30166). I wanted to test out the feature on OSX, but
I don't have a machine handy (it's tested on Windows and Linux).

Can someone with a working setup test the following patches for build failures?

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,66701
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,66702
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,68447

It would be even more awesome if someone got the time to test out the
change with the modified "dnslookup" example in this patchset! :)

For testing with an IPv4 nameserver address, run:

$ ./examples/network/dnslookup/dnslookup -s 8.8.8.8 www.google.com

For testing with an IPv6 nameserver address (if you have a working
IPv6 setup), run:

$ ./examples/network/dnslookup/dnslookup -s 2001:4860:4860::8888 www.google.com

In the output you should see a bunch of IPv4 address for the host name
passed (on Linux, to be doubly sure that the system configured
nameserver's are not being used, I used to comment out the entries in
/etc/resolv.conf).

Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks for your time!

Regards,
-mandeep