[Interest] QUdpSocket broken?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Sep 12 04:05:51 CEST 2013

On quarta-feira, 11 de setembro de 2013 10:37:29, Karl Ruetz wrote:
> My main complaint remains the removal of QFtp without providing equivalent
> replacement features in QNAM.
>
> Now, under 5.1.1, I have yet to get the QFtp addon to work.
>
> So it looks like I have to stop using Qt 5 for Android because I cannot
> reliably support all my desktop apps.
>
> It honestly breaks my heart to do so.

The addon should just work. The easiest way to do that is to get the sources
and copy the src/ftp dir into your build. Then you'll have a static library to
link to. (Note the implications of static-linking LGPL code)

And you know why QFtp was removed: because it's fragile, easy to break, and
you shouldn't be using it anyway. Just like UDP, there's so little interest in
FTP these days that the few people working on networking don't have the time
or interest.

WebSockets, however...