[Interest] QPA Project - Vaudeville

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 12 23:23:40 CEST 2013

Hello Qters!

I have switched jobs and I can no longer work on Qt in my "spare time" for the forseable future. I hatched an idea a year ago and some people seemed interested. I'd like to call interested parties to arms and see if we can't get this project finished.

I call it "Vaudeville" because GNOME has called theirs "Broadway". It is a HTML5 renderer that I aim to integrate with QPA. When I started work QPA was still in flux. perhaps there is a QPA person who can take a few hours and force it into the current API?

I also need a web person to help with the browser side. I need to collect browser events and deliver them over a socket to the http server. QPA will then take that event and issue it to the Qt mainloop.

What I do have going is a pixel-perfect QPainter to HTML5 canvas renderer. If you don't understand what the importance of this project is, let me say it bluntly:

You can web-enable any Qt program (v4) with just a recompile against Qt4.8 or 5. I started this work for embedded apps. You can have a remote GUI in a browser and keep the logic on the device.

The state of the code is shabby. I only have a test program that you can connect to and it updates the UI via a timer. The font rendering is a touch off in the anti-aliased parts, but otherwise, pixel perfect.

Is anyone available to help?
Where should I put the code (NOT ready for merge)?