[Interest] Advantage of Qt5 over Qt4 for C++/Widgets

Jonathan Greig redteam316 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 17:40:10 CEST 2013

I haven't seen any major differences in my use of QtScript going from Qt4
to Qt5. It has decent performance.

If you are considering Konstantin's suggestion to use a faster scripting
language, you should look into using Pawn (
http://www.compuphase.com/pawn/pawn.htm ), which is a subset of C. From my
experience, it is still much faster than Lua unless something changed
within the last year. This benchmark on this site is pretty old but still
holds true afaik: http://codeplea.com/game-scripting-languages