[Interest] Advantage of Qt5 over Qt4 for C++/Widgets

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 13 17:40:16 CEST 2013

Lua is an impressive little language with a ton of library support. It's not fast though. LuaJIT is better, if you have a choice.

However my favorite is Python. It's also easy to integrate (see PySide, PyQt, SIP).

If you want performance though, Perl is extremely fast. I haven't integrated it into Qt as I have with Python, but I did know a guy who put it into a .Net program to do pipelined string processing of 1,000-10,0000 ASCII messages a second, and it didn't ever underperform. We selected Perl because it was  the fastest of what we tested.