[Interest] no keyboard input on old CentOS

konrad at silmor.de konrad at silmor.de
Wed Sep 18 13:29:29 CEST 2013

Hi,

I've got a strange problem here: my Qt program does not accept any
keyboard input at all, no matter how hard I pound on those keys. It works
fine with non-Qt and Qt 4.8.

I get the following output at program start:
QXcbConnection: Failed to get the primary output of the screen
Error:    No components returned from XKB rules
"/usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/xorg"
Error:    Couldn't look up rules 'xorg', model 'pc105', layout 'de',
variant '', options ''
Qt: Failed to compile a keymap

Qt: 5.1.1 (compiled with built-in XCB: -no-opengl -qpa xcb -qt-xcb)
GCC: 4.8.1 (compiled it myself, from vanilla sources)
OS: CentOS release 5.7 (Final) [I know it is horribly old, I have no
control over this and I have no root]
CPU: amd64
X11: X.org 7.1.1; XMing 6.9.0.31

    Konrad